About this Report
The publication "Trends of Sustainability Report in Taiwan and APAC 2021" is the ninth edition of the research published annually by CSRone since 2013. In 2016 Sinyi School, NCCU College of Commerce joined our research team. Since then, Sinyi School has contributed with knowledge and human resources to this publication, allowing its research quality to further improve on an ongoing basis. Each year, the research team collects all corporate sustainable development reports, corporate social responsibility reports, or environment safety reports (collectively, hereinafter referred to as the “sustainability reports”) published across Taiwan, and establishes the analysis indicators according to the latest trends in sustainability and registers the collected information in the database accordingly. Furthermore, every year in March the team publishes the latest key findings as source of reference for industry experts, government officials, and academia in Taiwan.
As of the end of December 2020, CSRone has collected an aggregate of more than 4,200 sustainability reports. The scope primarily focuses on the sustainability reports published in Taiwan by companies, but also includes sustainability reports produced by other organizations ranging from government agencies, schools, hospitals, and non-profits. Moreover, we also collect information disclosed by the largest ten companies from ten selected economies in the Asia Pacific region. CSRone is the operator of the knowledge platform with the most comprehensive information related to sustainability in the Greater China region. moreover our database offers the most complete database on sustainability reports, allowing stakeholders to get a broader of picture of how corporations are addressing sustainability issues in Taiwan.
Currently, this research report has become one of the most trusted guides to gain an in-depth understanding of corporate sustainability in Taiwan and APAC.
Latest updates in the past three years
- We collected an all-time high of over 600 sustainability reports published by Taiwanese companies/organizations in 2020.
- We included COVID-19 within the scope of analysis and examined related disclosures across Taiwanese companies/organizations.
- First-time that we analyzed the TCFD recommendations related disclosures across Taiwanese and APAC companies.
- First-time that we made our database available for companies to understand the content of the research, its indicators and facilitate re-examination in order to maximize the value of sustainability data through practical applications.
- First-time that we included the largest ten Australian public companies within the scope of analysis and disclose findings within the section covering disclosures in APAC.
- First-time that we included the sustainability reports published by the largest ten public companies in nine selected Asia Pacific countries within the scope of analysis for the purpose of benchmarking companies and promoting continuous improvement through best practice learning.
- First-time that we adopted the "S-thermometer" concept as a way of to measure the company's management involvement level across the eight major sustainability themes, and by calculating the average scores, we aim to provide readers a clear and concise understanding of corporate sustainability actions.